MAC – the Marymount Adjunct Collective – is the union representing these groups at Marymount Manhattan College:
- Adjunct Professors
- Musical Accompanists
- Private Voice Instructors
- Dance Theater Instructors
The new contract
We’ve just ratified – after over 2 years of negotiations – a contract which is retroactive to September 2017 and runs through August 2020.
The bullet points of the new changes to the contract are:
- Retroactive 2% raises for 2017/18 and 2018/19
- Raises ranging from 8.3% to 10.5% for 2019/20
- MMC will now distribute Union information and a membership forms with each new hire.
- Staff members who also teach are covered by our contract while they teach.
- We agreed to form a committee to review overtallies and compensation for adjuncts.
- Hourly members (tutors and accompanists) will still be paid for the time they were booked if the school closes with less than 24 hours’ notice.
- The longevity bonus will increase from $100/class to 3.5% of your gross pay, now paid as a bonus at the end of each semester.
- The cancellation fee increases to 40% if MMC cancels your class within 14 days of the start of the semester.
- The Medical Assistance Fund (shared with MUSE) will increase to $30,000.
- Members are now eligible to participate in the College’s 403(b) Retirement plan (there is no employer match, but it is TIAA-CREF).
- The College will reimburse Adjuncts for reasonable educator expenses.
- There is a limit of three courses (EEO, FERPA, and Sexual Harassment) that Adjuncts must complete.
- The College agrees to abide by the NYC Earned Sick Time Act.
- Should the College be closed, Adjuncts must make an effort to make up that class.